Saturday, August 4, 2007

Never stand on a swivel chair

Sounds like a no-brainer, doesn't it? But, it bears repeating..."Never, ever, for any reason, stand on a swivel chair. I have three chairs in my small home office. I thought it wouldn't hurt to stand on one to reach something in my closet. Well, it spun me around like a top and dumped me on the floor...but not before bumping my head on a metal filing cabinet as well as the wooden closet door...and left me dumbfounded. Dumb is the operative word here.

How could I have thought this was a good decision? The total loss-of-control terror was enough to make me learn this lesson. I was extremely lucky to have not gotten hurt worse. If this makes any one person reading this stop and think before they even consider doing this, it will be worth the time it took to write this. I have gone forth and sinned no more. Well, at least where chairs are concerned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it was a senior moment but then you're far too young for that (29 if I remember correctly), and you've never been a blonde to my recollection so it couldn't have been a blonde moment. I'll go with a momentary lapse of sound judgment, to be expected when you're only 29. Hopefully, your pride was the most serious of your injuries. On the serious side I'm so glad that you were not seriously injured. Love you!!

sbwrites said...

My, my! I'd say that I couldn't possibly be related (even by marriage) to someone who would stand on a swivel chair! But I guess I am!