Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lessons from Solitaire

Do you play solitaire to pass the time, relax, enjoy the challenge, etc.? For a long time, I thought it was just a waste of time. Yes, I felt guilty if I knew I could be doing something more productive. Using it as a means of procrastination for cleaning my office was the main source of guilt. But, I started to see that there were lessons to be learned from playing solitaire.

For one, when I wasn't trying so hard to win, and just relaxing and sort of zoning out while I was playing seemed to be the times I won easily. Why is that? Is the universe telling me not to try to manipulate the outcome as much? When I let go, the results will come. But, you do have to be in the game.

There's another lesson I learned recently, and when I think of it, I'll post it! Excuse me while I go play now to remember it.

P. S. It worked...I remembered the other lesson! When playing Spider Solitaire, if I lose a game, I restart that game again and, yes, again, until I win it. Never give up! You'll eventually succeed.

No comments: