Friday, August 1, 2008

Need a laugh?

If you missed the comedy, Guess Who, when it was released in 2005, and you could use a little laughter, I think you'll enjoy this movie. This modern take on the classic, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, has a great cast: Bernie Mac and Judith Scott as Zoe Saldana's parents, who meet Ashton Kutcher, who plays her fiance. I thought the direction by Kevin Rodney Sullivan was spot on.

I'm not really a fan of remakes, especially when they're a classic, but the script was quite different. It's interesting, however, that I had rented the former movie recently, with the stellar cast of Sidney Poitier, Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, to prepare for a scene in my acting workshop. While I wouldn't dare compare the acting, I thought this recent movie was far more entertaining.

While we're on the subject of Sidney Pointier, my actress friend, Barbara, who knew I loved autobios, loaned me Sidney's The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography. I loved it!

No comments: