Friday, January 25, 2008

The Secret to a Successful Marriage

"I found someone who could put up with me," Delta Burke said recently when asked the secret to her successful marriage to Gerald McRaney. Estelle Reiner put it another way, "Find someone who can stand you," which is a funnier line, which you might expect from the wife of Carl Reiner, mother of Rob, and who delivered that classic line in When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what she's having." Yes, I believe it's as simple as that. You're lucky if you find it the first time around. If not, keep looking (if you are so inclined), and you'll find that special someone.

Speaking of When Harry Met Sally, I finally bought the soundtrack to the movie by Harry Connick, Jr. which has been on my list ever since I heard it at a friend's house a few years ago.
Harry was only 21 when the director, Rob Reiner, was introduced to his talent by a friend and decided he had to have him do the music for the film. Very inventive jazz pianist renditions of the standards. Nice.

No comments: