Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Red Carpet

Well, I can't necessarily say I'm sorry I spent two hours watching the pre-show on the red carpet before the Screen Actors Guild awards, because the stars' outfits did not disappoint,
but watching the show was a little trying at times.

I never thought I'd hear myself saying, "Bring back Joan Rivers." Actually, I like Joan Rivers doing the red carpet interviews. Yes, she's a little over the top at times or a lot, but I found her patter at least entertaining. The stars may have gotten a little perturbed at her questions, but it couldn't have been worse than this year's interviews. I thought Juliana did a pretty good job, being called in at the last minute for an ailing Ryan Seacrest. She was up on all the star credits, etc, but did both women (I don't know the other woman's name) find it necessary to hug all the ladies as though they were their best friends...one even getting her body makeup on someone's white top!

At first I thought Javier Bardem was rude when he answered, "I don't want to talk about that," but a second later when I recalled the question (which I can't recall now), I realized his response was most appropriate.

Granted, it must be quite challenging having all the movie and tv info on the tip of your tongue as each nominee approaches the microphones. I'm sure they have something at their disposal (an ear teleprompter?), to assist them. Maybe the stars have been on those magazine programs and feel more comfortable with the hosts...I don't know.

I believe seeing Debra Messing in that gorgeous Oscar de la Renta dress was worth the time spent watching it! The stars looked beautiful...(Sandra Oh's gown was a stand-out too!) The guys weren't bad either. The step to show off the great shoes was a nice addition.

As far as the awards go, it was a good show...I just had such a difficult time watching that movie..."No Country for Old Men" that I'm thinking with all the awards it's winning, it may encourage others to make more movies like that. But, then, maybe there aren't too many other wusses like me around.

No comments: