Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Good Read

If my friend, Laura, had not given it to me for Christmas, I might not have gotten around to reading this #1 New York Times bestseller, "eat pray love," by Elizabeth Gilbert, a 30- something journalist. (I'm so far behind on all my magazines.)

I was roaming around Costco yesterday, and I happened to see a lady looking at the book, and I said, "I'm almost finished with it...it's a good read." She said, "Well, I saw her on Oprah, and I didn't think she was my type of person." I said, "Well, she is different, but interesting." (I mean how many American women do you know who would fly to Indonesia, find a remote island there, and walk around the whole island day and night by herself?) She asked, "But did you learn anything?" "Most definitely...she takes you on her spiritual journey."

Well, I don't know whether or not the lady bought it, but I would recommend it. I found it highly entertaining. Liz, as she refers to herself, is intelligent, humorous and a great story teller. I was wondering whether or not men would like it, and then I read a quote from GQ that said "not just for the ladies, fellows!"

No comments: