Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cheers!


Happy New Year! I've never been one for non-alcoholic drinks...I mean, if it's a cocktail party, give me a glass of pinot grigio, pinot noir, sauvignon blanc, etc. However, if you're serving guests, it's good to have one in your repertoire. I just discovered one that is served at
Blue on Blue in Beverly Hills, called "Mojito." It's pretty good.
2 tsp. mint (which grows wildly in our yard...accidentally, of course; otherwise intentionally we couldn't rely on it), splash of simple syrup (I used Karo...not knowing what "simple" means), Lime wedges, 2 oz. pomegranate juice and 4 oz. soda. You "muddle" the mint with a splash of simple syrup and three lime wedges in a glass. Fill glass with ice. Pour in pomegranate juice and soda. Garnish with lime wedge and a sprig
of mint. It's also pretty! Try it, you'll like it.
P. S. I just found out...Simple Syrup Recipe: Equal parts boiling water and sugar. Allow to cool before using. (I think Karo worked well!)
P.P.S. It must be good...my friend, Diana, to whom we served it, just emailed and asked for the recipe.

No comments: