Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Headshots

So....why am I procrastinating from getting new headshots. I definitely need new headshots. When a casting director says to you, "You're prettier than this. We expect people to look worse than their headshot when they come in." Gee, in some weird way when I knew the latest headshot didn't capture the best me, I thought, "Maybe it will be a pleasant surprise that I look better than my headshot." Wait a minute, I won't even get called in if I don't look good in my headshot. Duh!

One of the reasons, I've been dragging my feet is I was waiting for my hairdresser to get back from Puerta Vallarta. Oh yes, and I'm not sure about the color of my hair...not auburn enough? Maybe I should lose a few pounds before I get them. Should I wear the lavender jean jacket again or something in cerulean (a color I had never heard of until I did a scene from The Devil Wears Prada...the Meryl Streep role). Yes, I've had recommendations for a photographer. It's important to feel comfortable with whomever I use. I've been told, "It's all in the eyes."

I went a step further and sent for a CD-ROM, entitled, "Headshot Secrets Revealed," an excellent guide with wonderful advice. I'd recommend it before your next session if you've been less than enchanted with past photos.

Well, today, a dear actress friend, who is a spiritual wonderful being, said to me, "Cami, let your inner light shine through. Don't worry so much about the outer self." Wow! Thank you, Wendy! I can't wait to get my new headshots.

1 comment:

sbwrites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.