Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ribbons - Pick a Color







So, I heard the Tony Orlando and Dawn former hit the other day, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon," and now I can't stop singing it. It's been days.

My friend and former dj, Bill Thomas (you hear and see him on ABC7 Traffic now) told me about this radio station in Australia that plays music that is similar to what we played on KWIZ-FM when we were fellow dj's in the 80's. I love it. I listen every now and then when I'm online. Today I heard "Chances Are" by Johnny Mathis and Roy Orbison's "Dream Baby." Two songs I really like.

Today, yellow ribbons signify something quite different...supporting our troops.
And pink ribbons, of course, support breast cancer research.

My friend, Linda, is celebrating one of her milestone birthdays with an ice skating performance. She's been at it for a few years now, so it should be fun to see her in her tutu. No, I don't think she's going to wear one, but Bette Midler is her idol, so who knows how brave she'll be.
In lieu of gifts, she's asking for donations to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Linda's a breast cancer survivor and a very dear friend.

No comments: