Saturday, June 13, 2009

Optimism

In these scary economic times, couldn't you just use a word of optimism? I ran across a notebook while I was attempting to clean my office. The notes therein were from a "success" seminar I attended many years ago. Well, the information garnered there is still pertinent today.

Did you know that when Thomas Edison's building burned down, he said, "Thank goodness the mistakes are gone. Thank goodness we can start over." Three months later he invented the phonograph.

"Don't miss this moment. If there's hope in the future, there's power in the present.
An optimist is one who takes his last $2 to buy a money belt. He takes tartar sauce with him when he goes fishing."

Yes, Zig Ziglar was quite a motivational speaker. At 69 years of age, he said he was excited about the future. He felt he was 5-10-15 years away from his peak.
He's one of those who wanted to wear out...not rust out.

I think we run across information just when we need it the most.

1 comment:

sbwrites said...

Yes, I've read Zig Ziglar and he's inspiring!