Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Little Bit of Shaking Goin' On

Watching TV last Thursday, when I felt a big jolt...the TV shook, lamps swayed. Oh, another earthquake. We have to have these every once in awhile to help us remember. Although, there are mixed messages about just where and what is the best position during a quake, we need to think about what we will do. Do we have enough water and supplies to last three days?

Thursday and Friday, there were about seven jolts...although I only felt two of them. The first was 3.8 (not to worry), then a 4.0 (that gets our attention) and then four hours later, a 2.6. On Friday, there was a 3.1. No injuries or significant damage, thank goodness. The epicenter was about five miles away, 30 miles east of downtown L.A.

I still prefer the risk of earthquakes to hurricanes or tornadoes. I always feel bad though when I hear about someone back East just visiting out here when we have one. But then, we're overcrowded as it is.

No comments: