Sunday, March 1, 2009

On a Clear Day

Did you ever find yourself disoriented while driving? It happened to me the other day. I'm sure my mind was on auto pilot when I suddenly wondered where I was on a route I've taken many times. You see, the landscape looked entirely different. Oh, look at those beautiful snow-capped mountains. And the tall buildings in the background. That's when you realize what a lovely day it is in Southern California. There's nothing like it after a storm has passed through. Breathe in the fresh air.

On a clear day is when you realize how many smoggy days we must have living in this wonderful place.
We get used to it, but isn't it refreshing when the weather is wonderful. I never really noticed smog that much until I started flying in a small plane. When you descend into it, you can see it and smell it, and it ain't pretty. However, I must tell you that this really isn't the worst in the country. Several years ago while flying across this great nation at around 7,000 feet, we were appalled to see the smog in St. Louis, for example. I believe the LA basin has actually improved over the years with the anti-smog technology for automobiles and other environmental factors.

Get outdoors and enjoy it while we can. I hear another storm may be headed our way, but that only means more scenery on the other side.

A yellow daffadil just popped out in our front yard. Spring is here! That reminds me of a great song.
My friend and fellow vocalist, Denise, just gave me a tiny frame with musical notes and a rose that says, "Love is the music in the heart of every flower." I like that. We went to a jazz brunch at Spazio's in Sherman Oaks today to hear The Flying Pisanos, Jeanne and John. They were fabulous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's days like this when I realize that we live in a valley surrounded by beautiful hills and mountains. Most days I figure we're on flat lands. LOL!