Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl

I don't imagine I would have gotten around to seeing Lars and the Real Girl had I not been given a scene to do in my acting workshop. Anytime I get to watch Patricia Clarkson, I consider it time well spent. She's such a good actor. No acting...that's why she's so interesting to watch.

I loved the movie. I thought it started out slowly, and I wasn't sure about it. About half way thru, I started really getting into it. You can tell it was written by a female. Boy, do we need more female screenwriters. This is such a sweet story. I can't imagine a town being so taken in (without giving away the plot), nevertheless, you want to believe it. I hope you get a chance to see it.

By the way, I had the rare opportunity to get to pick my scene partner. We usually just show up and rehearse briefly before we film it. Ky Evans is such a strong actor that I knew it would be fun to do. And I love playing a therapist. Oh, and did I mention that I thought Ryan Gosling gave an award-winning performance.

1 comment:

sbwrites said...

I love Patricia Clarkson as well. And while I haven't seen this film, I thought that Ryan Gosling was great in "Fracture" with Anthony Hopkins! Too bad the only role in that film was the "dead wife."